Waxing Tips & Advice for Men
28 Aug, 2014
At Claire Francoise, Melbourne’s leading male waxing specialist, we believe that male body hair removal is no longer daunting or embarrassing as more and more men of all ages decide to become hairless.
The benefits of male waxing
One of the key benefits of waxing is that it give you a better look and it can keep the area you have had waxed hairless for a longer time versus shaving. As opposed to shaving, waxing removes the entire hair follicle leaving your skin hair free for a longer period.
Another benefit of waxing is that it’s quick and convenient and it eliminates the need for continual shaving which has the side effects of blade irritation on the skin.
Before the wax tips
To make sure you get the best result from your waxing we recommend the following tips are observed.
- Make sure that you don’t drink any alcohol or caffeine before you wax. Drinking these beverages dilates the blood vessels and as a result can cause more pain when the waxing service is performed.
- Shower before your appointment and make sure you gently exfoliate the area you are having waxed a couple of days before your appointment.
- Do not shave or use hair removal creams on the area you want to be waxed for at least 3 weeks prior to your appointment with us (your hair needs to be a minimum of ½ cm for the wax to adhere).
- Make sure you wear loose and comfortable clothing to your appointment and wear 100% cotton clothing to keep the skin breathing.
After your wax tips
Once you have had your wax it’s important that you make sure you do the following:
- For 24 hours after your wax avoid heavy exercise.
- Keep out of direct sunlight and make sure you wear sunscreen.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas and hot spas.
- Don’t use any exfoliating products (including loofa’s) for at least 24 hours post waxing.
- Make sure you don’t wear tight clothing as it might cause irritation and ingrown hairs.
- No hot baths, spas or hot showers for 10 hours post the waxing.
At Claire Françoise our team are highly qualified waxing specialists. We are happy to discuss your hair removal needs and answer any questions you might have at our Prahran, Melbourne clinic