Waxing Tips & Advice
Firstly when it comes to our waxing service, hygiene is paramount. We have been offering a premium service for years now and to continue offering the best possible out come, this includes going beyond the Health Departments regulations.
For example there is a strict no 'double dip' policy, we do not use a roll on method of waxing, we certainly do not recycle our wax or strips in anyway, we use disposable gloves where applicable, hand sanitiser and spatulas through out our waxing services.
Whilst everyone is different most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. However, if hair is thin or weak it may break at the root during waxing, which can casue some hairs to grow out faster.
We suggest that you follow our waxing tips and faq's to minimise irritation and possible break outs.
Our Waxing Tips
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun or solarium.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofas for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Regular twice to three times per week exfoliation is helpful to remove dead skin so your hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown.
- No hot baths, hot showers or sexual activity for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and possible infection by bacteria.
- Avoid using the natural loofah's, use synthetic instead. The reason being natural fibres are were bacteria like to thrive.
- Moisturise with a tee tree or lavender lotion after every shower, this has a soothing healing, and antibacterial effect.
- If using an ingrown solution, use this alone until the growns and redness is minimised, then return to the lotion for maintaining your bikini area.
- Please advise if you are using Retin A, cortisones, Accutane, using products that contain AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) or Renova.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing, underwear with a tight elastic, this may result in increased irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimise irritation.